Thanks to this free training you will be able to use Hotmaps to develop your city’s energy strategy!
Are you interested in making your city’s energy planning faster and better?
Do you want to learn how to do it by using the Hotmaps toolbox? Then don’t miss the opportunity to become a Hotmaps Follower!
By becoming a Hotmaps Follower city, you will have free trainings and webinars, you will learn how to create energy scenarios, develop your Heating & Cooling plan and choose between different resources options!
What is the training you will get?
Below an overview of the training structure, that will be adapted based on participants’ needs and availability:
Introductory webinar (3 hours, 3 weeks before the workshop):
- Presentation of the guidelines for strategic heating and cooling planning
- Presentation of the Hotmaps toolbox and dataset (mapping, scenario generation and comparison, energy system analysis)
- Detailed explanation of the workshop programme, the preparation process and guiding materials
Workshop Day 1
- Welcome and short presentation of each participant and its analysis case
- Presentation of example / pilot cities
- Exercises and group work I: Mapping and data integration
Workshop Day 2
- Exercises and group work II: Planning and scenario development (district heating grid expansion, integration of renewables and excess heat, comparison with decentralised heating solutions)
- Conclusions for heating and cooling strategies
The trainings will be organised in different cities around Europe! The first ones will be in Bolzano (Italy) at the end of 2019, in Brussels (Belgium), Milton Keynes (UK) and Heerlen (The Netherlands) in Spring 2020. Additional dates in other areas might be added based on interest and availability.
What are the benefits of the training?
- You will be trained for free! The participation includes lunch.
- You will be one of the first to learn how to use Hotmaps (software, default EU-28 datasets etc. …).
- You will learn how to develop heating and cooling scenarios for the area of your choice. You will be able to input your own datasets and develop comparable scenarios for your city/area of interest.
- Your trainer will follow up with you! After the training, you will receive guidance, the trainers will be available for question and additional support.
- You will be part of the Hotmaps community! Thanks to Hotmaps you will meet representatives from other EU regions and discover shared issues and solutions.
Requirements for participating the training
- If you work for a local, regional and or national authority that is responsible for heating and cooling topics or if you are a planner or consultant in this field, the training is made for you.
- You should have an overview of technical characteristics of heating and cooling supply and demand systems. Furthermore, you should be used to work with data and calculations on the computer. Please bring your own laptop; if you are unable to come with a laptop, please contact us.
- You should be available to participate in the preparation web call and attend both days of the 1 and ½ -days training.
List of training locations currently available
- Bolzano (IT), 9-10 December 2019 > Done
- Brussels (BE), 19 Feb (from 12h) and 20 Feb (until 17h30) 2020 > Register here
- Milton Keynes (UK), 1 April (from 8h45) and 2 April (until 14h) 2020 > Register here
- Frankfurt-am-Main (DE), 5-6 May 2020 > Register here
A 3 hours- demonstration will take place in the context of Energy Cities’ annual event in Heerlen (The Netherlands) on 22 April 2020, in the morning and in the afternoon > More information
Contact: Marcus Hummel, e-think, email@example.com