The software is available online!
Hotmaps is a GIS-based online software that will support authorities and energy planners to set up a strategic heating and cooling plan for their region. The tool will allow to analyse heating and cooling demand as well as efficient supply options on a local, regional and national level. A first public version of the tool is now available at www.hotmaps.eu .
Please consider this is the beta release and first pulic version of the tool. Our developers will continue to improve it and add new calculation modules for heating and cooling planning until the end of the project life.
What are the main features of the Hotmaps toolbox ?
The toolbox allows the user to:
- identify the location of current heating and cooling demand as well as supply on a map for EU28;
- identify renewable energy potential to supply heating and cooling for a selected area;
- identify waste heat potential from industrial facilities within a selected area;
- estimate the potential for efficient district heating options within a selected area;
- estimate and compare the costs of individual heating vs. district heating options within a selected area;
- compare the results from local heating and cooling planning with national and regional de-carbonisation pathway.
Hotmaps Wiki and tutorials
The Hotmaps Wiki hosts the documentation, guidance and manual of the Hotmaps toolbox. Video tutorials are also going to be available.